How can you tell when your dog is feeling sick? After he’s been sick how can you tell when he’s feeling well again?
Everybody asks “How’s Joey? How’s he doing?”
Anybody who knows me can tell I’m feeling better than I was ten weeks ago – or even last month. How? Here are the top ten things that my parents have noticed:
I'm feeling better
1) I’m running up and down the stairs faster.
2) At midnight on a beautiful summer night, I make some type of deep howl that I want to go outside.
3) I’m scratching the ground after I pee.
4) I’m getting interested in the squirrels and bunnies again when my dad takes me out for my early morning walk.
5) I’m picking up my tennis ball and throwing it up in the air and playing catch with myself again.
6) I’m playing with the area rugs and rolling them into little balls, which frustrates my mom to no end.
7) I’m even eating all my breakfast topped with the glucosamine and chondroitin sauce before Jane even has to say “Joey, eat your breakfast” and my dinner with its salmon oil topping before Jane has to say “Joey, eat your dinner”.
8) I seek out other dogs when I’m outside now and follow the trail of their scent.
9) I’m bringing my tennis ball to my parents for them to throw to me (although they aren’t throwing them for me to catch).
10) If you get near my tail when I’m wagging it, you might feel something more like a fly swatter than a tail!
I sure hope that I get to spend more time outside soon and that I start running with my dad. I have so much energy! What can I do with it every day?
When my dad he gets up at 4 a.m. and gets dressed to go running and I get up too and get all excited and my dad says, “Joey, not today. Go back to bed” I do what he tells me to do. I go back to bed. But it’s hard for me. I hope soon he’ll say “Joey, come! Let’s go run!”